5 Ideas for Daily Journaling
Journaling is a daily-habit for many, but for someone who is trying to use writing as a channel to vent out issues in life or record memories, probably just one style of writing might turn tedious. A lot of people keep changing their journaling style to make their journals not just fancy but also motivating.
If you are running out of ideas on how to make your journaling interesting, here are a few styles you can try for yourself. We have made a list of 5 different ways you can journal. We recommend incorporating several different writing styles to maximize effectiveness.
1. Goal Setting – For me this is probably the number one thing that I journal about. A lot of people make their “new year resolutions” on scrap paper and never revisit them throughout the year. If you make weekly, monthly and yearly goals in a journal that you’re constantly reading and updating then you’ll be more likely to achieve said goals. Goal setting and tracking works for everything from financial, work, relationship and any other goals you can imagine. Keep track of it and log your progress. If you didn’t hit your weekly or monthly goals then you’ll record why and be able to revisit them whenever you want.
2. Make a List – Next, you can try making a list of books you want to read, movies you want to watch, or things you want to accomplish during the day. You can create two columns, one with the list and the other one to check and strike off. Depending on the type of list you want to create you can also leave space for notes about each task.
3. Dreams – We all have that ‘one’ dream yet to be fulfilled. You can use your diary to write down your life mission, the challenges you are facing in accomplishing it, the prerequisites and how long are you planning to wait. Sometimes, writing down about your dreams lets you realise how important it is, big or small.
4. Be Thankful – A very basic thing that we all need to follow is ‘Gratitude’. There are numerous things that you possess and many people out there don’t things like food, a roof over your head, family and friends who care for you and a job that puts food on the table; not everyone can afford that. Be grateful for all that you have today and write down your appreciation. You can look at your thoughts whenever you feel down, and feel happy about it.
5. Spill your Emotions – There are times when you can’t share your feelings with people around. You feel the suffocation slowly killing your energy, making you dull and disappointed all the time. In such case, you can choose to write down your emotions. Not only will this help in relieving stress, but it will also bring you peace because at times, you aren’t sure of what is actually bothering you unless you deep dive into the problem. This is precisely what you need.
With these simple and easy styles of journaling, you can add a variety to your diary. You’ll then have your goals, emotions, thoughts, dreams and what you’re thankful for all in one place. You’ll essentially have created a book of yourself and how you work !
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.